Postdoctoral Fellow – Refugee Behavioral Health Program – New England, US
The RPCA is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to support research with specific attention to disparities facing war-affected, Muslim refugee populations, and other populations on topics such as substance use/abuse, community support, and caregiver-child relationships. The postdoctoral fellow will help measure psychosocial outcomes to assess the effectiveness of the Family Strengthening Intervention for Refugees (FSI-R), a 10-module home-visiting intervention focused on skill-building and psychoeducation to reduce mental health disparities. Currently, the FSI-R is being tested for effectiveness through a randomized controlled trial with 300 families in Lewiston, Maine and Springfield, Massachusetts.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for:
- Providing Implementation Science experience to the local team with an understanding of hybrid design, cluster randomized controlled trials, and quality improvement approaches to fidelity and supervision.
- Engage in high-level research and analysis, publishing on projects regarding ongoing work related to the Family Strengthening Intervention (FSI-R).
- Collaborate on grant writing and publications, present at conferences.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials and experience:
- Doctoral Degree in Public Health, Implementation Science, Social Work, Developmental Psychology, Mental Health, or related field.
- Experience with implementation science to include hybrid design, cluster-randomized controlled trials, longitudinal studies, and the like.
- Proficiency in utilizing computer applications including Microsoft Office, STATA, R, MAXQDA, and other applicable quantitative and qualitative data analysis platforms.
- Knowledge of Community Based Participatory Research (CPBR), implementation science, processes related to fidelity monitoring and supervision, and costing analysis.
We welcome questions from interested candidates. Please contact: Administrative Manager, Tesla Abrego at firstname.lastname@example.org