Postdoctoral Fellow – Diffusion and Spillover Study – Sierra Leone, Africa
The Diffusion and Spillover study will extend ongoing mental health services research in Sierra Leone on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)-based intervention, the Youth Readiness Intervention (YRI). The YRI has demonstrated feasibility and effectiveness for improving emotion dysregulation and daily functioning and is being scaled up in partnership with the Government of Sierra Leone and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The RPCA will examine whether the current YRI cost-effectiveness calculations should also consider indirect effects upon YRI participants’ peer networks and cohabitating caregivers. Adopting a broader perspective may demonstrate the potential for the YRI and similar mental health interventions in Low and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs) to reach a larger population and result in both incremental mental health benefits and other societal benefits.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all aspects of data collection and management, data analysis, study design, and implementation science related to the project.
- Provide expertise in multilevel modeling, data analysis, study design oversight, scientific writing, and implementation of science processes.
- Collaborate on concept notes, grant writing, publications, multi-stakeholder reports, and presentations for national and international conferences.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials and experience:
- Doctoral Degree in Public Health, Implementation Science, Social Work, Developmental Psychology, Mental Health, or related field.
- Strong background in implementation science, including longitudinal studies and quality improvement, approaches to fidelity and supervision that relate to long-term sustainability and scalability.
- Understanding of the use of technology for data collection as well as routine symptom monitoring, fidelity monitoring, and quality improvement efforts in global mental health.
We welcome questions from interested candidates. Please contact: Administrative Manager, Tesla Abrego at firstname.lastname@example.org