The New Investigators Network of Expertise (NoE) includes:
- Researchers early in their career, new to implementation research or conducting mentored research (formerly junior SPG member)
- This typically includes postdoctoral fellows and junior faculty, but also invites those later in their career who are new to implementation science and have not yet served as Principal Investigator on a large implementation science grant and are seeking mentorship from an established NoE.
The NoE is committed to facilitating the advancement of new investigators who aim to focus their work on implementation science. We do this by showcasing new investigator work at SIRC conferences, assisting new investigators to present at Implementation Development Workshops, offering mentoring/networking opportunities at SIRC conferences, and we have set up a mentoring program for new investigators to be paired with and mentored by an advanced implementation scientist in the Established Investigator NoE.
What does participation in the NoE mentorship program involve?
- Quarterly phone meetings with your mentor
- Opportunity to email your mentor with questions throughout the year
- Potential to meet in-person at SIRC (or other) conferences
How do I apply to the NoE?
- To nominate yourself for the New Investigator NoE, please email Ajeng Puspitasari: firstname.lastname@example.org. and provide the following information/material:
- Your name
- Your CV
- Responses to the following questions (in no more than a single paragraph):
- How has dissemination and implementation science influenced your thinking about research to date?
- What do you hope to get out of the NoE or mentorship program more specifically?
- If you are nominating another new investigator, please email Ajeng Puspitasari: email@example.com. In your email, please include:
- The name of the new investigator you’re nominating
- The email address of the new investigator
- A sentence or two about why you believe they would be a good fit for the New Investigator NoE
*Note you must be a registered SIRC user to participate in the NoE.
Register here: wp-login.php?action=register. Benefits for becoming a member of SIRC can be found here: sirc-membership/. Membership is annual fee of $175 for full members ($50 for students, which includes postdoctoral fellows).