SIRC is recruiting conference volunteers in exchange for a reduced registration fee of $150.00.
Conference volunteers will be expected to:
- Attend the full Friday & Saturday (September 9 – 10) of the conference. It is not required for volunteers to be present for preconference workshops on Thursday, September 8.
- Volunteer for a minimum of five (5) hours total. This means moderating at least four (4) breakout sessions (75 minutes each). Alternatively, some volunteers will be asked to do a combination of moderating two to three (2-3) sessions + other support roles like working the morning registration desk, supporting lunch and plenaries, helping with poster session(s), working the help desk, etc.
- Moderating breakout sessions entails making any announcements, managing sign-in/out, managing evaluations, time keeping, checking & supporting A/V needs of presenters, making sure attendees who sign up for CEs don’t leave session early, and other duties that come up as needed.
- Volunteers will receive an electronic survey to sign up for their moderator session times, and other job duties, once the program is released (by mid-August). Moderator sessions will be first-come, first-served; however, requested timeslots/roles will not be guaranteed. Volunteers who are also presenters may schedule their volunteer time so it does not conflict with their presentation.
- Attend a brief virtual orientation in late August/early September for all volunteers. (Details to come; this will most likely be pre-recorded to accommodate global time zones.)
Email email@example.com to indicate your willingness to volunteer or if you have any questions. If there are more volunteers than the number of volunteer slots available, we hope to prioritize granting the volunteer opportunities to students/trainees. Thank you!