Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Implementation Science at UC San Diego Department of Psychiatry
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position with Dr. Gregory Aarons at the University of California San Diego, Department of Psychiatry. The position will be located at offices of the Child & Adolescent Services Research Center (CASRC), a highly collegial center focused on implementation and effectiveness research located in central San Diego.
Dr. Aarons’ lab focuses on the implementation and sustainment of evidence-based practices in community-based settings including the development and testing of implementation frameworks, strategies and the development of pragmatic measures to assess key implementation constructs. Dr. Aarons’ lab is also known for examination of system and organizational level evidence-based practice implementation and sustainment and the advancement and integration of quantitative and qualitative methods in implementation research.
The postdoctoral fellow will work closely with Dr. Aarons and colleagues on a NIH funded cluster randomized study of the Leadership and Organizational Change for Implementation (LOCI) intervention in facilitating implementation of Motivational Interviewing (MI) in substance use disorder (SUD) and integrated SUD/mental health treatment settings.
Primary activities for the fellow will include:
• Supporting the LOCI intervention and participate in leadership training
• Participating in organizational consultation
• Provide leadership coaching for LOCI leader trainees
• Interact with leaders from community-based organizations
• Support project logistics
• PhD or equivalent in public health, psychology, social work or related field
• Strong interest in implementation science and the implementation of evidence-based interventions in community settings, system and organizational implementation issues
• Knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Mplus)
• Preferred mixed-methods experience and knowledge of qualitative analysis software (e.g., NVivo)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and organizational skills
• Previous experience partnering with community stakeholders and community-based organizations
Salary: NIH rate
Start Date: As soon as possible. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.