Postdoctoral Researcher with a focus on adaptation and adherence in the use of evidence-based methods
Karolinska Institutet, Institutionen för Lärande, Informatik, Management och Etik
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher for a 2-year full-term employment focusing on adaptation and adherence in the use of evidence-based methods. Applications are invited from talented and enthusiastic applicants with good knowledge on use of evidence and implementation of evidence-based interventions in practice.
About the PROCOME research group
Intervention processes and outcomes (PROCOME) research group focuses on effects and implementation of different kinds of programs and initiatives aiming to improve services (e.g. evidence based methods) in different type of organizations, with specific focus on health and social care.
All work will take place within the boundaries of a larger research program investigating adherence and adaptations of evidence-based methods, including three main issues: 1) how adherence- and adaptation affects the provision of high-quality care (Safe, Timely, Effective, Efficient, Equitable and Patient-centered (STEEEP), 2) how it affects health care professionals, and 3) how it can be effectively managed in a health care system.
The post-doc will focus specifically on issue 1: planning, conducting and reporting on the effects of adaptations in clinical practice. Work tasks include setting up the study in collaboration with the research team and the collaborating organizations, writing an ethical application, collecting data (mainly through questionnaires, but interviews, observations and register data may also collected), running workshops where practitioners are supported in managing adherence and adaptations, setting up and managing a data base, running statistical analysis (likely multilevel regression analysis) as well as being involved in analyzing qualitative data (process evaluation). Work tasks also include writing scientific articles, and presenting findings at scientific conferences, and may also include helping organizations to implement the results. Lastly, work tasks also include administrative tasks related to the research process, including establish routines related to research documentation.
Qualified to be employed as a postdoctor is one who has obtained a doctorate or has equivalent scientific competence.
To be eligible for this position the applicant must:
- Have obtained a doctorate (or have equivalent scientific competence) in health care sciences or behavioral sciences (or similar) with relevance for this project.
- Have a strong interest and skills in the area of research (i.e. use of evidence, implementation)
- Have verified experience of planning, conducting and evaluating interventions
- Have skills in quantitative statically methods, including competence and experience of analyzing longitudinal multi-level data.
- Have skills in collecting data through questionnaires, interviews, observations and registers
- Experience of writing and publishing scientific articles, and presenting findings at scientific conferences
- Have excellent English skills (orally and written).
Furthermore, it is required that the candidate works independently with the research, has good analytical skills and very good collaboration and communication skills. Moreover, scientific competency is required, therefore documented skills of work with grant applications, scientific articles and research related administration and communication is desired.
It is meritorious for applicants to:
- Have practical experience of working with, or evaluating, evidence-based methods
- Have experience with data base management,
- Have a formal education in statistics and to be able to use statistical software such as Mplus or R
- Experience of running workshops with health care practitioners
- Have experience of leading intervention projects
- Have experience of conducting process evaluations
- Experience of administrative tasks related to the research process, including establish routines related to research documentation
An employment application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- Verifications for crediting of illness, military service, work for labour unions or student organisations, parental leave or similar circumstances
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||25.Jan.2018 11:59 PM CET|