External Job Ad 3/6/12
DIRECTOR OF DISSEMINATION SCIENCE – New York City
Autism Speaks is the largest autism science and advocacy organization in the country, dedicated to funding biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatment and cure for autism, and developing innovative new resources and services that enrich the lives of individuals with autism and their families. Come join us and become part of our expanding Science team.
We currently seek a Director of Dissemination Science to help develop, manage and implement Autism Speaks’ efforts in dissemination science, with an emphasis on the development and execution of a strategic plan to improve access to diagnostic and treatment services to underserved populations and communities in the US and internationally.
The Director of Dissemination Science reports to the Vice President of Scientific Affairs in New York City. The selected candidate may work in NYC, or remote-based (preferably within the Northeast).
The ideal candidate will possess expertise in dissemination and implementation science, and its application to psycho-social interventions for children and families in community settings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management and development of Autism Speaks’ capacity-building, knowledge translation and dissemination programs and initiatives, with an emphasis on the development and execution of a strategic plan to improve access to autism diagnostic and treatment services.
- Assist the VP, Scientific Affairs in the development and implementation of the Global Autism Public Health Initiative (GAPH) and related programmatic efforts.
- Interface with national, regional and international research communities along with staff at national, regional and international NGOs to further Autism Speaks’ scientific and development initiatives.
- Assist the VP, Scientific Affairs and the Director of Major Gifts in identifying, cultivating and managing direct or in-kind support and funding opportunities.
- Participate in intra-and-inter-departmental collaboration in order to develop Web and social media-based science communication, including international outreach and liaison.
The qualified candidate will possess a MPH, Ph.D. or M.D. in public health, health services research, psychiatry or related field. A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience including independent research is required. Experience in dissemination and implementation of behavioral intervention in autism, developmental disabilities, or mental health is essential. Must have knowledge of the organization, financing and delivery of care, domestically and internationally, to individuals with psychiatric or developmental disabilities. Must be flexible to travel (domestic and international) approximately 25% of the time. Proficiency in MS Office and social media: Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, etc., is essential.
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to help create a brighter future for children with autism and their families. Candidate must be able to successfully pass a background check consisting of: credit, civil/criminal, salary and education verification, motor vehicle, references and drugscreen. Qualified applicants may email resumes with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please. Only those applicants who meet the hiring criteria will be considered and contacted by Human Resources. Autism Speaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: non profit, psychology, dissemination, science, research, neuroscience, funding